User Profile
I have all the symptoms of a gall bladder problem but my CBC came back normal. I am having an ultrasound today. Is it possible to have a problem and it not show up in my blood work?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 28th, 2009
Gallbladder Disease Answer A6156

If there is a gallbladder stone present, then you might experience pain in the upper right abdomen. The pain might become more intensive after eating food rich in fat. If the gallbladder stone did not inflamed the gallbladder yet, then your CBC might still be normal. Also, always take into consideration that the results of the CBC might sometimes be wrong. Diagnose is never given based only on laboratory tests. The physical exam is more important, and the laboratory tests are there only to confirm the diagnose or to rule it out.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.