Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Non Union? Delayed Union? - ankle fractured

I have broken my fibula bone and ankle fractured 3 months ago. I did my first surgery by inserting a plate and screws on my fibula and screws only on my ankle. So 5 weeks after surgery, doctor advised that revision surgery is needed as the screws loosen for my ankle side. And later 6 weeks after second surgery, I went back for check up and I've been told that there is no bone grow for my ankle and couldn't fill the gap between my ankle and tibia. So they suggest me to go for bone graft surgery but I really don't prefer to do 3rd surgery. For now, I'm waiting for another 2 weeks to see if there is any changes. I'm a lil bit worry and not sure what I can do now to make my bone grow. Is this classified as non Union?

Anyway, during second surgery, doctor did mentioned that my bone has grew. But this time after second surgery, it just doesn't grow.

Can I have your advice? Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....