Medical Questions > Cancer > Thyroid Cancer Forum

non toxic single nodule? i was told it was cancer

why is my cheif complaint listed as nontoxic single thyroid nodule when i was told it is cancer. I had right side removed Monday and noticed online today that the patient portal info lists my cheif complaint for visit as non toxic single nodule goiter. I have several nodules and the main one had genomic testing done and came back 80% likely for cancer but now I see this and all I could find online was that non toxic indicates benign. After years of refusing to have surgery and only agreeing because of the genomic testing and having NRAS mutations but now seeing this I am upset. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 28th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern.
In non toxic single nodular goitre 30% are malignant.Therefore,if FNA is suggestive of malignancy or sonographic features are typical of malignancy then it should be taken out.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Cancer
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Thyroid Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.