Hey I have tried Strattera up to 60 mg a day in capsule form. I experienced a lot of fatigue on the medicine and was only on it for around two weeks before I came off of Strattera cold turkey. I was experiencing heart palpitations and PVC's/arrythmias, so my doctor and I decided (my psychiatrist and I) that Straterra wasn't right for me.

I tried Wellbutrin fast release tablets, but did not like them because of them worsening my costochondritis very badly and making me short of breath.

SNRI's seemed to work okay with my favorite Effexor XR, but had horrible side effects with Pristiq even though psychiatrist said Pristiq was supposed to have less side effects.

I currently take Focalin tablets 10-40 mg daily for ADHD symptoms, but do not feel that the Focalin is managing my hyperactivity and impulsivity symptoms along with Sertraline 125 mg.

Focalin tablets I take sometimes up to 1-2 hours before bed, so I'm wondering if that might be why I am more hyperactive during the days than I'd like because I take the majority of my stimulants before bed because the night/evening is when I experience the most hyperactivity. I know stimulant late in the day is not good, but since the non-stimulant options are not sufficient for me most of the time, I feel as though I have no choice in order to manage ADHD hyperactive symptoms.

All this has made me very frustrated and depressed. I was really hoping Stratterra would have helped more. I occasionally take N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (or sometimes plain L-Tyrosine) and that seems to help my ADHD along with some cardio exercise.

Lifting weights has helped my ADHD symptoms some as well as some anger management therapy with psychotherapist since I struggle with getting angry easy and often impulsivity leads to me doing things that make me feel angry.

I'm having a hard time with all this, but I hope this information may help me get some helpful advice on what I may do from here on out to help improve my ADHD symptoms alongside the anger and impulsivity problems I experience in the PM evening/late night hours.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
I would suggest you to have psychotherapy sessions besides medications to overcome these symptoms.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Exercise
Quick Reply
Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our ADD and ADHD , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.