Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

node is still just as palpable 3 months later

User Profile
Hi Doctor, I'm a 19 y/o male. About 3 months ago I had panic attacks over fears of cancer, which caused my neck to stiffen up. I was so health conscious & started searching for lymph nodes. I felt a pea sized 1cm or less, movable one about an inch above my left collarbone, this scared me! (I remember getting a vaccination 4 years ago which caused this area to swell at the time, could this be related?).

I began to get aches in the area which stuck around for some time (Maybe from the poking or maybe from the anxiety?). I still touch the area everyday. I also lift weights at the gym which can make the area become stiff and uncomfortable.

I visited a doctor who said there's nothing to be concerned about. And also got a second opinion from an ENT who said the palpable lymph node is nothing to be worried about.

The node is still just as palpable 3 months later, but hasn't grown in size, & the aches have reduced massively. Do you think I have anything to be worried about? Im so scared!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2015
Lymphoma Answer A51876
Thank you for asking

I read your question and I understand your concern. The only thing you need to worry about is your anxiety and that's all you need to control. Cancer is overrated. Lymph nodes are always there. They just swell even due to a simple cold too.

Just take some anxiolytics and talk to a psychiatrist.

I hope it helps. Consult your doctor as our advice is just for education purposes only.

Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.