Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

no period after stopping bc

okay I haven't had a period since dec 24 2007 im going to the doc a week from tomorrow....my thing is i went to the bathroom this morning and done my thing and when i wiped there was blood so i was like okay im finally going to start...well i just went to the bath room a few mins ago and when i wipped it was like dry blood,..is that normal or what? I was on birth control Tri-sprintec but stopped that in Nov of 07...I'm just confussed..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 15th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Let us know how the doc appointment went!
|

replied July 18th, 2008
okay i went to the doc today(the 18th) and she took 5 things of blood...a test for my thyroid, a preg. test, and some others i cant remember the name of them...if they come back neg. shes going to put me on estrogen pills for 10 days and see if that regulates me...and if that dont then im going to have to have my ovaries looked at....I'll keep ya up to date on whats going on....i wont know the results of my blood work till monday..so have a good weekend!!!
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2008
Especially eHealthy
I hope everything comes out well, or it's a simple problem to fix Smile
|

replied July 21st, 2008
i hope so to ill let you knwo the results!!!!
|

replied July 21st, 2008
okay my test came back okay...so i have two options i can do a progesterone challenge or go see a gynocolgist....but i dont know what the progesterone challenge is so im trying to find out if anyone knows please help me!
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2008
Especially eHealthy
First of all, when dealing with issues like this, it's generally better to see a gynecologist. They just have better knowledge of reproductive hormones and such, and might have a better idea of what's wrong.

I didn't know what a progesterone challenge was, but I looked it up and it's just when you get provera to try to start your period. More specifically, it is a way to determine why you aren't getting your period- because you aren't ovulating, or because of an imbalance of estrogen levels or FSH levels. You will take a medication (Provera, usually) that puts you into progesterone withdrawal. If you finish the medication and get your period, it means you weren't ovulating. If you finish the medication and you still don't get your period, it means that your estrogen or FSH levels are off.
|

replied July 21st, 2008
they checked my venipuncture prolactin FSH luteininzing hormone TSH and also did a preg test all came back ok
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Ok, that's good. I'd still try provera because it might jump start your period, which would help get your schedule back on track.
|

replied July 22nd, 2008
thanks for all the advice and all i greatly appreciate...this is all just confusing for me im only 22 and my husband is 26 and we are married and wanna have a baby but its kinda hard when you dont ovulate....so i think im going to go see a gynocoligest....mainly cause they know more in that area lol....and they might find something my doctor didnt...again thanks a bunch!!
|
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...