Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

No idea when weight loss started, blood work is fine

User Profile
Hello,

39 yr old male. 2 months ago, shocked to find I had lost nearly 20 lbs at a dr visit for epigastric pain. No exercise and my diet is frankly embarrassing.No idea when weight loss started,not weighing myself.September 2013, I was 247, at this visit, 224.Doc had me do an Upper GI endoscopy with biopsy which only showed gastritis. Blood work (CMP, CBC WITH DIFF & LIPASE AMYLASE, TSH and Celiac) was deemed fine by both my Dr and the GI. Finally, an abominal CT scan w/contrast was also unremarkable except to reiterate the fatty liver and a hiatal hernia as well At this point, my doctor and GI dismissed me. For about a month, weight stabilized, about a week ago, the weight drop started again. What’s particularly troubling is that the weight is coming off my abdomen a bit but mainly my waist (I’ve gone down 3 pant sizes from 40 to 34) and my, for want of a better term "man boobs". Today, I weigh 211. Doctors blame generalized anxiety (which I've had for years) and stress. Can it be?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 5th, 2014
Digestive and Bowel Disorders Answer A48651
Thank you for asking
What ever it is you should be thankful to it.people spend their fortune losing weight and yiu losing I easily.your labs are fine so no worries for weight loss issues. Just keep losing it.reduce BMI back to 25 and less. Anxiety can do that too. Do some diet lifestyle modifications to help gastritis and get hiatal hernia corrected if need be.
I hope it helps. Visit our health centre for further guidance.
Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.