Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...
I am a 35 year old female. I have always been on the heavier side.

3 days ago I was diagnosed with adult ADHD. Prescribed once a day 10mg Adderall. I have taken it everyday in the morning as recommended.

Here's my concern. I literally have zero desire for food. Yesterday I was able to force down a half a buffalo chicken salad. I'm drinking crazy amounts of water.

I was told that I would gain greater self control once I started ADHD medication. But I can't see how this is a sustainable condition. Before medications I would eat with no concern for health. Usually with cravings for sugar.

All my other responses to the medication have been great! I am able accomplish everything and live with less stress!

I'm not sure if this is what it feels like to a "normal" person with normal eating habits.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper CarlyH
|

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2017
Experienced User
I totally get that. I am really never hungry on Vyvanse either. I feel your troubles! It is tough. I found Ritalin/Concerta to be "better" for the appetite part but it did not help as much for ADHD. It's hard. There is no perfect medicine. I have a number of side effects I battle with Vyvanse but it does help me with ADHD. I get cold extremeties, a cold nose, and a bit of an extended "2:30 feeling" so I might switch back to Ritalin or Concerta. Just take your time and communicate with your doctor often.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Stress
Quick Reply