Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

No desire to EAT.. but hungry.

After i had my wisdom teeth removed i have had no desire to eat, yet it seems like I'm starving myself but not on purpose..

It's rare but i'm a young lady who actually wants to gain weight and get muscles.. i've lost 8 lbs in the past 4 weeks.
I like to eat but it seems that when i do i feel like i'll vomit even after 5 bites of food but I'm still hungry.

Can you help me please?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi turboball and welcome to ehealth:...Your walking kind of a dangerous path in life...You are talking yourself into your own problem...If this continues get some help....Take care...

Caroline
|

replied August 4th, 2010
Experienced User
Does any kind of food make you feel pukish? Have you tried eating foods that tend to settle the stomach, like soda crackers?

You might want to go slow like start eating soda crackers with things that don't make you think of hurling. Then slowly build from there.
|
Tags: weight
Quick Reply
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....