I still do not have it under control and I'm at a loss. I'm 42 overweight and now dont have control of my asthma. I live in a clean apt with no triggers around. I take advair 500/50 and singulair daily I am also on the last of my taper of prednisone from the hospital. Its getting bad again, I am nearly living on my albuterol treatment nebulizer. I'm scared and lost maybe I should just let it take me as Im so tired of the fight. anyone else having this problems? I may go back to the hospital tonight if this attack doesn't stop. I cant even get well enough to exercise to loose weight and hears the new kicker I get steroid induced diabetes now type 1. what should I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 10th, 2010
i am 16 and living with asthma... am not that overweight but still heavy, and i a hypelglicimic... i pretty sure i spelled that wrong. But my best advice for you is to just keeping fighting. DO whatever you can to fight, becauseim sure there are a lot of people that love you and want ou around. Try to lose the weight. That will solve yo diabetes. My dad is diabetic and has the same problem. please hang on, im sure everything will get better.
|

replied April 11th, 2010
luckily its only steroid induced it goes way when not taking them. I am unable to excercise as I have no breath or energy to do it the best I can do is walk with my dog a short distance everyday
|

replied April 11th, 2010
i have asthma too.When i was little i couldn't breathe..Now i'm better.I thing having learned to play the oboe(which is a blowing instrument) helped my lungs develop normally.Anyway every sport is important if you have asthma.Have you tried diffrent kind of medicines? i heard about some herbal pills especially for asthma Good luck and have a healthy day!
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....