I'm 15 and I've had extremely bad wrist pains on the top, and in the middle of my wrist. I went to the doctors and i told her that i can't bend my right wrist at all, it hurts so much and that it also hurts to put pressure on my arm( i usually sleep in class so i put my head on my arm). I also told her that I didn't even do anything to cause the pain(I'm out of sports). She asked me how much I text and use the computer. I said a lot. She also asked if I did any sports and i told her I do basketball and I'm about to be in soccer. She then told me I have carpal tunnel. She didn't do any tests, x-rays or anything relative to that. She just felt where I told her it hurt. A couple days later, I have no pain at all. I don't have any of the symptoms of carpal tunnel. No tingliness, numbness, or burning. I'm really confused.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Get a second opinion...

In order to determine if a person has CTS (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome)...tests need to be done to either confirm or rule it out...

She gave you that diagnosis based on symptoms rather than facts.
|

replied May 11th, 2009
Community Volunteer
If it feels good now, then don't worry about it...When you are using the computer, try and keep your wrists at your waist height for typing...Don't go on top of the desk...If it gets sore, give it a rest...Get a wrist brace and wear it at night if you are in pain...Just baby yourself and don't over exercise it...

Good luck,
Caroline
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about carpal tunnel syndrome here: causes, risk factors and complications....
Are some people born with carpal tunnel? More here on what can cause carpal tunnel syndrome and who is at risk of developing the condition....
Carpal tunnel syndrome is accompanied by very clear signs and symptoms. But how do symptoms change as the syndrome progresses? More info here....