Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

no blisters or bumps just the redness?

User Profile
Hi, I am a 24 year old male that has been in a monogamous relationship for a little over a year now for the past 4 weeks I have noticed that the inside of my urethra is red and almost looks like a burn inside. I first noticed it because there was a slight pain while urinating which has subsided for the last 3 weeks though the redness is still there. My gf has oral hsv1 and I am a worried that she might have giving it to me. I looked up symptoms of genital hsv1 and I saw that you can get it in your urethra but from what I have read it seems like it is usually pretty painful. I have no blisters or bumps just the redness that looks like a burn. I also don't have any of the other common symptoms like fever, body aches, swollen lymph nodes ect. I was just wondering if there was anything else that it could be.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 24th, 2012
Herpes and Genital Warts Answer A40566
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the exact cause for the redness, pain in urethral opening that you describe without examining you. If these occurred after becoming sexually active, it could be due to infection. The exact cause for the symptoms that you describe should be ascertained by further evaluation to be able to help you. Visit your doctor/urologist/Andrologist for further evaluation and assistance. Avoid any self-manipulation or self treatment.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.