I had the medical abortion process begin on 8/18, I received the methotrexate shots. On 8/20 I took the misoprostol pills as directed and the only side effects were cramping, diarrhea and a fever that lasted a few hours.

I know everyone's body is different, but is this normal? Should i be concerned or should I just wait awhile longer before contacting my doctor?

Onthe tak home papers it says "beedng cn begin within 24 hours, but may not begin for up to 2 weeks."
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 22nd, 2010
yes im am going threw somethen similar myself. i think u should call ur physican if u havent already. you never no what could be going on. althouh in my case its been seven weeks since my abortion an still havent had any substantial amout of bleeding. an the tests are are still saing im preggo. really im just to scared to go to the doc an find out if im still preg. in no what happens to those that it doesnt work with. they have to have a surgical procedure to remove the tissues. i dont think i can handle anymore tramas for now. so i just hope everythings ok. an i hope things turn out good for u to an u get the outcome you expected
|

replied August 23rd, 2010
I called my doctor's office (where I went for the medical abortion) and they said that that once again it can take up to 2 weeks before I would start bleeding.

I still have some cramping.

The other tihing that they mentioned was that I should go back for the follow up appointment. I am not sure if I can handle going there again, I don't think I can mentally prepare myself to go there.

I have thought about doing a pregnancy test, but I am afraid of the results.
|
Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...