Medical Questions > Abortion > Abortion Pro Choice Forum

No bleeding after abortion

User Profile
I'm very happy to join this forum and i wish i will have answers to my question really quick.I'd be so glad.
my girlfriend had an abortion about 3 weeks ago and up till now she still has a full tender breast and fluids come out of them some times. she didnt bleed after the abortion, i am still restless because i think it is normal for her to bleed after an abortion. she has fever and cold at night but she no longer throws up and the face coloration has stopped.
is this normal? i am confussed and scared at the same time.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 9th, 2018
Abortion Pro Choice Answer A64272
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
You can not expect bleeding following an abortion all the time.Do not worry.I do not think she is continuing her pregnancy.All these symptoms are quite normal and do not warrant any treatment.But start any birth control pills from now to protect her from any further pregnancy.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

|

replied August 10th, 2018
Extremely eHealthy
It seems that the abortion was fairly early and the uterine contents were successfully and completely evacuated. Her early signs are diminishing. You could run a home test after a month has passed and hope for a negative or very weak response to prove the procedure was successful. I'm sure you will improve your contraceptive technique to avoid a repeat.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abortion Pro Choice , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.