Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

No appetite after ADHD meds

User Profile
So for a long time i had been on an Adhd medicine then three years ago i was taken off of it and my appetite just left. Now it's gotten to the point where i won't eat anything. I feel hunger but everytime i think about getting something i put it off until whoops i was supposed to get breakfast twelve hours ago. This is an
It seems depression runs in my family i have been. Extrextremly stressed asof late
So i guess my question is their a trick or something to force me to eat?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2018
Eating Disorders Answer A63050
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

If you have a problem eating, then you need to keep a diary and note what you are eating. If you feel you cannot do this honestly, ask a friend to do this for you. This will tell you what you eat and remind you to eat. You can set up alarms in your phone, laptop etc to eat. You could ask your friend to check on you. Apart from this, you need to undergo constant counseling. You may also need medications so, please consult a doctor specializing in eating disorders.

When you have an eating disorder, it is important to stay motivated. This can be done by joining a therapist and seeing him/her on a regular basis. The other thing you can do is join an online or other support groups in your area. Talking to people who have similar problems and who came out of it can be very therapeutic and learning experience.

Please consult your healthcare provider for further guidance. This reply to your query is just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit and treatment by a doctor who can examine you. Hope this helped you in making an informed decision about your health. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Eating Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.