I recently (last week) had a large non-cancerous tumor removed from my knee. In order for the doctors to get it all out, they had to take my knee apart (get in all the joints, flip the knee cap up and clean under it etc) and put it back together. I have been prescribed Oxycodone for the pain. However since I have been taking it I am waking up from sleeping with having horrible nightmares. Has anyone else experienced side effects like this while on Oxycodone? Also any tips on dealing with the dreams? They are so vivid and honestly disturbing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 4th, 2010
Pain killers generally have side effects that include odd dreams, in many cases they are nightmares.
|

replied December 27th, 2011
Oxycodone and nightmares
I am having the same side effect from taking oxycodone after my c section. I am now afraid to sleep as my nightmares are so disturbing and vivid. I am going to call my doctor in the morning to have my meds switched to something else.
|

replied December 27th, 2011
I am having the same side effect from taking oxycodone after my c section. I am now afraid to sleep as my nightmares are so disturbing and vivid. I am going to call my doctor in the morning to have my meds switched to something else.
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....