Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Nightmares about AIDS after sore throat

Okay about a month ago i got a sore throat and it last about 4 to 5 day and lead to a really bad nasal congestion where i was spitting out yellow mucus. I do have post nasal drip as i see the mucus in the back of my throat . The doctor said i had asthma and Bronchitis once again.

I have the same cold last year ....

That got me worried because colds are supposed to go away with a week , i was sick for about 2 1-2 weeks.

I typed in sore throat and it showed me Cancer , HIV , and few other diseases.

Right there i got so scared i felt as if my life ended. I would think about this 24 hours a day , wake up thinking about it and go to sleep thinking about it. It has been around three weeks of stressing myself out.

I read the symptoms and i only had a sore throat ...

But now all of a sudden i had two night sweats come down on me , not drenched but woke up with heavy sweating in the back of my neck and and face , and a lil bit on my chest. I searched online and night sweats is caused by infections as cancer or HIV , now i am really scared even more. I have lost my appetite and do not wanna be bothered by anyone.

Early infection Symptoms include

* Fever
* Headache
* Sore throat
* Swollen lymph glands
* Rash

I never had Swollen Lymph Glands or Nodes but i feel my neck hurting and i am always looking and feeling on my neck , and groin area. I feel them growing daily but shows no signs on any growth.

Later infection Symptoms

* Swollen lymph nodes — often one of the first signs of HIV infection
* Diarrhea
* Weight loss
* Fever
* Cough and shortness of breath

I started losing weight , i dont know if this is because i lost my appetite . I do have a cough that happens here and there , could this be from my Post Nasal Drip , or Asthma ? I do not even have a bad case of asthma and only cough when i am laughing hard or fully exhaling.

By the time AIDS developsThe signs and symptoms of some of these infections may include:

* Soaking night sweats
* Shaking chills or fever higher than 100 F (38 C) for several weeks
* Dry cough and shortness of breath
* Chronic diarrhea
* Persistent white spots or unusual lesions on your tongue or in your mouth
* Headaches
* Blurred and distorted vision
* Weight loss

I have not gotten Night Sweats but not enough to change clothes or the sheets....

My sexual history was i had a woman give me oral sex and later found out she had a boyfriend who did appear to be sick from what i believe is HIV -AIDS- face was sunk in , and i do believe they were heavy cocaine users. Not Needles , snorters.

Before her was a ex girlfriend i have not seen in years and we got drunk and we engaged in unprotected sex for about 2 mins before i realized what was going on and stopped instantly.

I have been with my current girlfriend who gets routine check ups and everything came back fine with her , clear of any diseases . Yet i read online just because you might be infected does not mean she will be infected.

This has caused anxiety and has killed my relationships with everyone and i locked myself into a corner and don't wanna talk to anyone. I have been so stressed out about this and this is now coming on week 4 of being super stressed. My heart was pounding and racing , and not wanting to eat or rink much , i cant get this out of my head. I had nightmares of being infected as well ...

Now i am having night sweats ..... DO I HAVE HIV ?
Night Sweats - Are caused by infections ....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 22nd, 2010
Community Volunteer
Night sweets can be colds,flu,lots of things.The only way to know if you have HIV is to go get tested for it.Its free and easy at any clinic.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....