Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Nausea Forum

Night time nausea and anxiety

Hello. Okay, so this is how it all started. I am 21 years old. I started smoking cigarettes and pot almost a year back and have been a regular since. So a month back i guess i smoked too much pot, and i got my first panic attack that day. It was a terrible experience and i vowed to never smoke weed again. The panic attack left me with severe health anxiety (like concentrating too much on heart beat, breathing rate,overthinking simple leg pain back pain etc). I got over the heart beat and breathing rate paranoia though, but this nausea has taken over me in the past one week. Not the extreme kind, just a feeling of lump in the throat that goes after burping for an hour or so. This is kind of weird because i face it only while i get into bed at night to sleep. All throughout the day no matter what i eat or do, i dont get nauseated. Point to be noted, i stopped smoking cigarettes a week ago (cold turkey). So i thought it was Nicotine withdrawal symptoms, but its been a week and i never heard of any ex smoker feeling this nauseated and that too during nighttime only. One of the other bad habits that i have now picked up is googling every symptoms i get. The internet told me that may be i lie down flat during the night might be causing the acid to come up my oesophagus thereby the nausea. But i lie down every now and then to watch tv, browse my phone etc etc. But why does this nausea SPECIFICALLY come only when i try to sleep? I followed every advice provided on the net to prevent nausea (eating less, not consuming alcohol which i never did and others), but yet i feel like sometimes they work and sometimes they dont. It has gotten to the point where im now afraid to go to the doctor because i think i might have a serious disease and im afraid to find out. Not that this nausea is causing hell in my daily life, but it actually is interfering with my sleep, and im counting the times by when it will have an adverse effect later. Is this just General Anxiety? Or something else? If so, will this ever go away? Or i should just deal with it for the rest of my life?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 31st, 2015
Hi, I don't get nausea every single day but I do seem to get it every few days on and off. I recently went to a mental health assessor and explained my nausea to her who told me it was due to adrenaline building up from the anxiety. She told me exercising will help. Every time I get nausea, I go for a long walk and it gradually disappears. I would recommend the same for you. I hope this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....