I’m 34 I’ve had asthma all my life, I only use albuterol
inhaler. I’ve lived in the same area for the last 5 years
(chico, ca)

In the last two weeks I’ve been having out of the ordinary
asthma attacks, waking at night not being able to breathe.

Nothing in my environment has changed, I usually know what
causes my attacks but this is a new one for me.

The only thing I can think that is a possible cause is pollen,
but why now after 5 years? also I called a few clinics and ER’s
to see if there was I rise in asthmatic related visits, they said no.

Please don’t posts “go see your Doc”
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 11th, 2009
Experienced User
asthma
is there something different in your diet, preservatives especially 200 - 228 can cause asthma problems. Also the medical profession all tell us that we shouldn't have too much salt, but we need the right sort of salt to exist,(why do hospitals administer I V solution if this is not true),pure, natural salt. But we also need to have clean, filtered water to go with the salt or else we will hold on to our fluid & have blood pressure problems. I too have had asthma all my life, untill now, through researching the correct balance of salt & water & learning how to use it, i have eliminated my asthma to the stage that i am not using those drugs & sprays that have a range of life reducing side effects (even ventolin), I also have reduced my blood pressure down from 150/80 to 120/64. I have discovered that a grand majority of the population can be deficient in magnesium( be sure to have your kidney function tested first), & this has helped me to manage my asthma & lots of other health problems. nutritional balance & thyroid function are among the most important things we can study for our selves, there are no quick fixes but it's not as hard as we believe to learn how to take care of our selves if we only try!
hope this helps!
|

replied April 11th, 2009
Experienced User
asthma
Hi there

I feel that you have an allergic reaction to something. Asthma is caused by allergies. This has been known for a long time.
(See; Asthma and Dairy, and, asthma and allergies, on the web) Food colouring, MSG, chlorine (known to cause breathing problems) but also medication like Atrovent, Ventolin and other cortico-steroids like Prednisone can CAUSE asthma attacks. Cortisone is triggered by the brain, and produced by the adrenals. But only a certain amount! Medications like the ones mentioned above release massive amounts which can actually lead to heart failure.(anaphylaxia)

I agree with 'Timeisshort" the drinking clean unchlorinated water, and lots of it can alleviate an asthma attack. It is a little bit like diluting your health problem. It works with migraine headaches so why not with asthma? Seasalt is also beneficial but small amounts.

The lung needs fluids to assist in the exchange of gasses in the alveoli of the lung. To maintain flexibility in the lung and bronchial passages Vitamin C is needed. It is the fuel for the connective tissue. Bronchial walls are part of that connective tissue.
Allergies deplete the system of Vitamin C and Vit.C deficiencies are so common that it is estimated that more than half the population is affected. Sub-clinical scurvy is a common problem.
I would suggest 3000 mg of vitamin C daily taken at regular intervals during the day. The RDA (recommended daily allowance) is 60 mg. This is enough for a person in a coma but if you have stresses in your life, the need for higher doses needs to be met.
I am not a doctor, so I can not take you off medication, no matter how harmful it is. I am a Kinesiologist and work with natural means. Your drugs might interfere with the absorption of this important Vitamin. That is another reason for a higher than recommended dose. If you have allergies you might not absorp half of the recommended dose.

Good luck

Kinetico
|

User Profile
replied April 11th, 2009
Experienced User
be careful with vit c
i agree with kinetico, but be carefull that you don't take too much vit c because as i have found out the hard way, it depleates magnesium which also causes an imbalance of the thyroid which is a much worse situation to be in because that then affects your whole bodies systems including the adrenals which could cause your asthma to become worse not better.
TO PONDER! The cells of our bodies are each surrounded with fluid that is as salty as the ocean! FACT!

The surface of the earth is approx 70% water, the water content of the human body is approx 70%! coincidence?

If water is the most important substance for life existance, where might the 84 minerals that constitute natural salts be in the importance of good health?!

recommended dose is for the maintenance of good health. If we are deficient or of lesser health, should we not need a modification of that dose(e g increased vit C).
|

replied February 22nd, 2010
Maybe you're just allergic to dust mites. I am, and if I don't wash my sheets and pillow cases frequently my asthma will flare. I'm no doctor but I hope it helps. Just a thought.
|

replied May 1st, 2011
Hi I've been allergic to dust all my life and was having an asthma attack every night until I covered the duvet in an anti allergy cover and got rid of the feather pillowa and I haven't had a night asthma attack since.
|

replied May 25th, 2011
Hello to everyone, please read this.

I have had asthma all my life(32 years old now), I could not work out why it was so bad.

I decided(after reading a book about it) to try this cure and it worked 100%, I am now fine!!

1 - I have removed all the aspartame, phenylalanine, and all the "E332" <---example, I mean all the "E" chemicals of all my foods!

2 - Now here is the best, I have been recommended to take that in the morning and night:

half tea spoon of turmeric powder with cayenne pepper and honey in hot milk, this mix is so powerful that my asthma goes away in about 20 to 30 minutes.
Turmeric will directly target and clean your lungs at an incredible speed! I have never used a product more powerful that that in my life..and it is natural

Please try the above.

Also, make sure your body is not too acidic, go in google and type "alkaline food chart", make sure you eat 80% of alkaline food and 20% acidic every meal.
Your blood is 80/20, if it changes and becomes too acidic then a huge amount of problems like asthma and others will start.

If you follow all of the above, I promise you that your asthma will go away and I am being very serious.

Good luck, and I am sure that very soon, your life will change.

I have also noticed that asthma is sometime worse when you have too much stomach acid, make sure you have not a GERD problem.

Bye now,

Ben
|

replied June 25th, 2011
Hello i555007,

Let's be a disease detective. Yeah, your concerns are all right, nothing is your enviroment changed, why asthma attack? And where does pollen come from?? So obviousely this attack has no relation with these.

Another invisible factor may be neglected by every asthma patient: THE AIR TEMPERATURE! In the night, the air temp fall to the lowest point within one day, and most asthma attack in such times, pls recall every time you got attack, is that true?

So, air temp is the most fatal factor of asthma attack.
This will lead to the right way defeat asthma.
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....