Hi

3 weeks ago I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia.In February my family witnessed one of these fainting moments for the first and worried I had a seizure and had called 911, the only thing that I recall right before is that I suddenly felt really sick and had felt shakey and weak. I had ate 45 minutes (no more than an hour previous and my glucose level was 92). Long story short I had a 5 hour GTT and droped in the 3rd hour to 58. I haven't been to an endo yet but am wondering what they do exactly.

I also have a neurology appt. next week to go over EEG results for the seizure activity I had. Can being diagnosed with Hypo make a huge difference in what he is looking for?

Right now things have been kind of rough, I am learning about the diet etc. and reading "Hypoglycemia for Dummies" but still am having a hard time with still "crashing" with really bad shaking spells and blurred vision. The only thing I haven't cut completely yet is the caffine but it's been hard. Any other good wake-up tricks? I'm so used to coffee it's hard to break the cycle.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2009
Community Volunteer
You need to 'break the cycle,' otherwise you will never stop feeling bad. Any caffeine is bad for you from now on and must be avoided, you can only drink herbal teas, nothing with caffeine can be consumed. Read my diet thread on this forum called 'Hypoglycemia Rules an Diet' and let me know if you have any questions. Dummies is okay, but it pretty much sucks, better off learning from someone like me who had it.
|

replied May 23rd, 2009
my dr's solution
I'm hypoglycemic too and took the GTT, in the 3rd hour I was 65, and couldn't make it to the 4th hour. In the first hour I was 222 which is over the normal. Dr. gave me low dose of a pill commonly given to diabetics, and it has made a world of difference.
mskit417 at yahoo Please talk to me.
|