Medical Questions > Nutrition > Vitamins Forum

New to taking vitamins, what do i need?

I bought a multivitamin, 'Vitabiotics Immunance'
It contains a bunch of things, and confusingly, for me, many of these things have more then the recommended daily allowance (RDA) - what is the point of this?

For example it has Vit D at 200%, Vit E at 333%, Vit b1 at 1636% (?!), pantothenic acid at 333%
and then other things are less then 100% - magnesium 16%, iron 57%, copper 50%..

The vitamin containcs Vitamins A-E (b1,b2,b3,b6,b12) Folic acid, pantoteni acid, magnesium, iron, zinc copper manganese, selenium, chromium, iodine, betacorotene, l-cystine, l-carnitine, citrus bioflavinoids.

Anything im missing?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 13th, 2014
Thank you for asking
The reason for the variation from recommended daily allowance is the extent and percentage of availability eventually to cells and body structures.rest go wasted through GI Losses And Urinary Losses And Metabolised. It's the game of bioavailability and some others less than RDA is because of other sources than vitamin supplements like fruits vegetables etc compensating for daily allowances. In nut shell what is in a pill is totally balanced and wisely calibrated by expert pharmacists and you have nothing to worry about. Keep taking regularly in prescribed dosages and seek a doctor for further management .Visit our health centre for further guidance.
Take care
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vitamins , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.