Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

new moles are appearing everywhere at an alarming rate

User Profile
I'm really paranoid about the new moles which are appearing everywhere (especially on the arms, chest and face) at an alarming rate lately... I've been spotting around 1-2 new moles on my body everyday consistently over the past week... What could this possibly be due to??? i'm 25 dis yr. All the moles are rather small and dun look odd on its own... I'm really worried. Advice, ppl?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2011
Skin Cancer Answer A25778
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Are you sure that you are spotting ‘moles’ and not ‘café-au-lait spots’? Avoid going out in sun without applying sunscreen. Drink plenty of water and take adequate rest. Visit your doctor/dermatologist for getting these examined to have the exact diagnosis and further treatment options. It is difficult to comment on the cause and the diagnosis without examining the lesions that you describe.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.