Medical Questions > Parenting > Newborn Babies Forum

New Born sleep

Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....
Hi, I was wondering whether a new born could sleep on a non flat mat so his upper body and legs are a little bit up in order to avoid colic etc,
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2014
thank you for asking
yes a baby can sleep on such bedding keep the head side elevated from the leg side to prevent regurgitation of milk. delay the lying and breast feeding time for at least 30 minutes. keep 3 hours distance between the feeds top and no more. let the baby sleep dry and constantly check the diaper for rashes. you can modify your diet to prevent colic to your baby, keep food soft and easily digestible what you eat will affect the bowel of your baby.
good luck and enjoy the nature's miracle
|

User Profile
replied October 4th, 2014
Make Burping a regime after feeding. Burping helps to avoid baby being colic one.
Not matter how he sleeps. After burp, baby will sleep in peace.
|

replied August 23rd, 2017
That was a great question. what I did for my baby was that I kept the head part elevated and made sure that the sides are safely secured to avoid her rolling over the side. Best to burp your baby before you lie them down as well.
|

replied September 26th, 2017
I read an article about the baby monitor, I found the product is very useful and I want to share this article for everyone to read the article is best baby monitor
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Newborn Babies , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.