Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

never had sores,lesions or blisters. Should I stop worrying

User Profile
In July of 2102, I had brief unprotecetd sex with a female friend. Sex lasted about 15-20 seconds before I told myself to stop. A week or two later, i started to feel a slight itch and tingle at the head of penis. I tested for STD's and all were negative. I began to research herpes and realized that I didnt test for it. I tested for HSV2 3 times with IGG type specific testing since encounter. At 6 weeks negative and 12 weeks negative. Friend tested in December of 2012 and stated that she was positive for Herpes. Im not sure if hers was IGG or Igm. I tested third time in February of 2013 which was negative results. The doctor,urologist and dermatologist states that im ok. The itch comes and go to present date. I've never had sores,lesions or blisters. Should I stop worrying about herpes? I have talked to many doctors and visited many forums, all saying that I waited long enough to test and that a blood test would have detected if I was indeed positive. I wanted another expert opinion.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 7th, 2013
Herpes and Genital Warts Answer A43302
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If the infection is mild and if your immune system is strong/active, then it can fight the infection and you can have spontaneous cure (80% of people can have complete remission). If your serological tests have failed to detect presence of infection, then it is likely that you do not have infection. Women tend to have severe infection as well as outbreaks. If worried, you can consider discussing with your treating doctor/Andrologist, and see if there are any other causes for the itch that you describe (it can also be due to yeast infection, hormonal changes, dryness, etc). Avoid further unprotected sexual contact. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/Andrologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.