Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

never had acne on my entire face, chest and back before.

User Profile
Hi,my name is Bella. Pardon me for my grammar but I’ll try the best I can to make you understand what I’m trying to say. First of all, I’m 18 years old girl and I’m from Malaysia. Since last year, my acne start growing on my cheeks and getting worst until now. I never had acne on my entire face before. It also growing on my chest and my back. Secondly, my hair getting thinner. I once had a very thick hair. But now, it keep falling out even if I didn’t brush it. When I shampoo my hair, I can grab a handful of falling hair. It’s weird. When I shaved my legs, arms or armpit, it grows like crazy but my hair keep falling out. Lastly, my weight. I’m 163cm tall. When I was 16, my weight was 58kg. But, when I was 17, it went from 58kg to 70kg. Now I’m 18 and I’m still 70kg heavy. I don’t know if it’s affected by my eating habits or what but I eat normally. I don’t know what to do to bring back my hair, acne-free skin, and my normal body weight. It all happens at the SAME year. Help me find the solution. Please.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2016
Acne and Skin Disorders Answer A57280
hello and welcome

your concern is appreciated

these problems can be due to harmonal imbalances like polycystic ovarian syndrome. Rapid weight gain, hair thinning, excessive hair growth on body, irregular menstural cycle and sever acne are all symptoms of it. both acne and hair loss is connected , increase in amount of sebum which is natural oil of skin can result in both. causes include genetic factors, environmental factors and autoimmune disorders etc. Ater detailed history and examination you can be advised to do ultrasound , blood test like blood sugar levels , LH , FSH , androgen levels. treatment include life style modification to help you reduce weight, oral contraceptive pills, androgen blocking drugs, etc

hope it helps
thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.