Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

never ending feeling that I'm destined to fail...

User Profile
Hi everyone I'm Joe I'm 17

I don't really know where to start. I've struggled to talk to anyone about feeling depressed no one would think that I am and if I told someone they would properly think I was joking. I think that's one of my biggest problems as I don't have anyone to talk too I have lots of friends but I still feel so lonely. There is one defining thing that makes me depressed more than anything and this is not been good at anything. I've tried lots of things form sports to hobbies and still I find nothing that I'm good at I get dropped form all the teams because I'm rubbish. Even though I feel so low all of the time I try to stay as positive as possible as I can. I go to sixth form at school but feel I shouldn't have because I'm always last to finish all my work and get really confused all the time. My friends take to pee out of me (in a friendly way) but it still bugs me. I just have this never ending feeling that I'm destined to fail. I would love someone to talk too. I'm ashamed of my life.

Thanks for reading this it means a lot x

Ps
Sorry if there's mistakes in it his I have checked it but my grammar is poor sorry.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 22nd, 2013
Hello Joe, you need to first of all know something, God blesses all individuals with talents, you may not have found yours yet or you're just being too harsh on yourself. I like you have a weak mentality, it makes you perceive the problem to be worse than it actually is, look to do your best and work hard and you will prevail. Be positive, you're clearly a kind person and I know that from reading a post, you shouldn't be ashamed, you're a very blessed person, you haven't realised it yet and I pray that you do because I know you will. Take care of yourself.

GreenWonder
|

User Profile
replied July 12th, 2013
We have a lot in common Smile
Im in year 11, and I do things like this often, but the difference is, you seem like a very nice person to talk to. I want a social life at school, but I feel theres something wrong with me that people constantly ignore me. However, you do have friends. They should support you if you feel depressed, especialy if you feel like this. Trust me, things will work out for yah Smile
|

replied July 26th, 2013
I'm in Year 11 too, how about that? :O You know what, I can already tell you have a massive heart and if I can tell this, you must realise that you have a social life and EVERYONE will see the beautiful person you. There's nothing wrong with you. You must have friends to talk to! I don't really like to share my problems, like you, I want to find the answer anonymously, reality tells me that won't happen. I pray for you to find some peace and realise the beauty of who you are and I know, I know you'll go far and be fine in life.
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....