User Profile
I am worried I have a memory problem. What are the early age ranges for dementia/ Alzheimer's? Is Huntingtons disease only genetic? I am 23 years old and I need help. I Have a problem finishing my sentences and remembering peoples names I work with every day. I can never remember the date or the time. I repeat myself constantly in conversation. I forget where Im going sometimes when I drive. It is affecting my school work. I am a college student. Please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 13th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. At age of 23, memory problems are usually due to psychological and psychiatric issues like attention deficit hyperkinetic disorder. You should get to a psychotherapist, they will evaluate you and your attention span. Forgetting about things in teenage is mostly due to these psychological issues. Organic causes like a liver diseases are hardly possible at such a young age no does any other cause like Huntington with no family history.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Alzheimer's disease is a brain disorder that causes dementia. But what causes Alzheimers? What signs can you look for?...
Learn the most common signs and symptoms of the onset of Alzheimer Disease. We also discuss symptoms of dementia so you can know when to seek help. ...
Doctors can help determine the cause of memory loss or symptoms associated with Alzheimers. We outline the diagnostic protocol for AD and exams that are needed....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Alzheimer Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.