Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Neurological disorders impacting the bladder

User Profile
I have urge to urinate, if I don't inmediately urinate I got pain,
a lot of pain. The pain stops when I got home from work because I wear diapers at home and I drink a lot of liquid like 60oz of liquid, then as soon as I have the urge to urinate I stand up and urinate in the diaper. the pain disappears in about 15 minutes and I don't have more pain until the next day when I go to work and of course I can not do the same procedure. I go to the Urologist for almost a year now, I have no infections, I had have all kind of test, nothing is wrong, medications don't work. What can I do?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2009
General Q and A Answer A6874
Given the data you provided (frequency and urge to urinate accompanied with pain, no leakage, no infection), you might be experiencing a neurological disorder affecting the nerves associated with the bladder. What kind of neurological disorder might be present, cannot be determined without an additional examination (physical examination, X-ray or MRI of the spine).

You might want to visit a neurologist to check the nerves responsible for the bladder. Examining the lower lumbar and sacral part of the spine might be needed, because the nerves actually start from there and the cause might be located in the spine.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.