Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

nervous wind, as soon as it starts it justs continues

User Profile
i take anti-depressants and anti-psychotic medication. my problem is nervous wind, as soon as it starts it justs continues, i try my best to hold it in but i become so nervous about it that it justs seems to come out. i cannot smell anything at all but people who sit behind me on the bus can and when the giggling starts thats when i just want to curl up and die. as soon as i get home, it stops, it starts when i am in a queue in the supermarket, anywhere where there are other people. this condition started when i was 18 years old. i've never been able to talk to anybody about this. people have mocked me for it for years, some to my face, some behind my back. it stopped for about 10 years and my confidence soared but for the last 3-4 years it has started up again. i am not taken seriously by the doctors, the fear and nerves are so intense. i can't take much more of being a laughing stock.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 17th, 2016
Acid Reflux Answer A59442
Hello and welcome
Your concern is appreciated
Your problem can be related to your anxiety and social phobias as nervous system can effect your GIT very badly,it can be the side effects of the drugs you are taking.if you are able to manage your anxiety and phobia hopefully this problem can be resolved.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: Anxiety
Quick Reply
Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acid Reflux , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.