Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Negative test results and chiropractic treatment

User Profile
For the past 6 weeks I have been dealing with severe lower back pain. It started off very low, and a dull pain but has since become unbearable and moved almost all the way up my spine. The pain is in my spine, and also ALL the muscles in my back are bery sore...only when pressure is applied...otherwise they just feel tight. For the past 10 days I have also started getting terrible migranes and been throwing up for 3 days. I went to the ER and all they did was dope me up with morphine and send me home w/o any other tests...TWICE! I am getting really frustrated...and am wondering what this may be...or what I can do next. I can't work or drive or do anything and I'm starting to get very very depressed. I have also done NOTHING that could have injured my back.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2009
Back Pain Answer A6952
I am going to assume that the ER ruled out meningitis or other serious conditions. If all these tests came back negative, congrats.

You may want to consider consulting with a chiropractor to get your spine moving properly. It is possible that your symptoms might clear up with chiropractic treatments, and you wouldn't have to worry about side effects like you would with medications. Good luck.

Antonio Marotta, D.C.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Back Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.