Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Negative HIV Test On Tuberculosis Patient

Hello Dr.

I have been taking TB drugs since October after I was diagnosed with Tuberculosis. I had a intercourse with a call girl during mid of November and my Condom was broken during my intercourse.I took it away immediately and washed the genitals. I went through severe depression since then afraid of HIV and finally on Feb 17th I took ECLIA HIV test and the result was negative, the test was taken exactly after 15 weeks. Can I take this as conclusive ? Would my TB drugs cause any influence on the negative HIV tests ?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 24th, 2012
Hello and welcome to e health forum. ‎

To avoid all the stress and anxiety, due to HIV, it is advised to confirm the HIV status from your sexual partners. In ‎case, it is highly impossible, then there is no alternative but to undergo screening tests for HIV, at regular intervals ‎until 3 to 6 months, as determined by a doctor. ‎

Getting a negative HIV antibody test, in the early days, does not ‎mean that you are free of infection. It is definitely possible that you may develop antibodies at a later date. Hence ‎retesting at a later date after 12 weeks is definitely adviced to get a conclusive result. ‎

In case you have done a HIV antibody ELISA test, after 12 weeks, post exposure, and it is negative, it is certainly possible that you are HIV negative, and the results are conclusive.

I hope this helps.

Did you find this post helpful?

replied February 23rd, 2018
Hello Doctor ,

My Doctor has prescribed Streptomycin intramuscular injection (0.75mg) for 2 month for alternate day. Do i need to take 30 injection for two month ?
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.