Last night I was helping some paramedics attend to a causlty who had suffered a heart attack. He was in his 60's. When they left there was some rubbish lying around so I helped clean it up. Some of the items were the lancets used to measure blood glucose or similar device.

At the time I did not notice a prick but today there is a slight discomfort to the tip of my index finger and it is tender to touch or massage the area.

Am I just being paranoid I dont know, but it is definantly starting to get me worried.

What should I do??? What are the chances of something being transferred? Any other options???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 5th, 2011
also this was the only "sharps" items that I can recall the rest was just paper or plastic from dressings and what not
|

replied October 4th, 2011
someone can never be too careful.it would be in your best interest to go to the doctor for a check up. if something is wrong and they catch it early it can mean the diffirence between life and death. but dont worry, you should be fine though Smile
|
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....