Medical Questions > Relationships > Broken Hearted Forum

Need some advice moving on after Heartbreak

User Profile
I came out of a bad relationship earlier this year in January, and I found myself completely alone and hermiting. I didn't leave the house, I started abusing my prescription pain pills, and I did nothing but play video-games and veg out for three months after the break-up. When I met Brittany all of that seemed to change, I stopped playing those stupid video-games, I went out with her all the time, we made love two or three times a day and I stopped abusing my pain-pills. My life seemed to be back on a positive arc. We moved in together into a little one bedroom and we lived there for about three months before her ex came back into the scene. She is still very much in love with Justin (the ex) and she left me to be with him last week. She says she still cares very much for me but that she has to follow her heart, and to an extent I understand that but I don't deserve this heartbreak and thats all this has been so far. She wants to stay friends but I think it might hurt too bad to even try that. I feel like I love her and that without her my life won't be complete because I care about her so much i've even taken to writing her letters every night knowing that they will likely never be delivered. I told her that if things didn't work out with her and Justin that she could come back to me and I would welcome her back with open arms. I don't think that is going to happen and even if it did I don't think that would be the right thing to do anyway considering that if she left me before then how hard would it be to just up and leave me again. I know that I need to move on with my life and I need some suggestions on how I can do that. I met someone new last night, her name is Tori. Tori and I seem to have a lot in common but I don't feel as attracted to her as I feel like I should be and I feel like that is because I am still holding on to everything I felt/feel for Brittany. In short, I want to move on from Brittany because I know that though my feelings may be important to her they are less important to her that hers were to me, and I want to build a strong relationship with Tori built more on trust than sex.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 3rd, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi Hey_its_Tom,

I admire your self evaluation of your situation. You are so intuned to Ms. Brittney. She wants to be "friends" just as she was with her EX. In case it doesn't work out she will always have a safety net to jump right into. I don't think sooooooo. You have alot going on for yourself and Tori apparently think so as well. Don't be with Tori for the sex or a serious relationship until you have regained your balanced from the blow Ms. Brittney delt you. With Tori, just enjoy each others companionship, doing things together (not sex), getting to know each other as mutual friends, you know, friends w/o benefits? Take your time and if it flys let it, if not keep both feet on the ground.

Good Luck,

Faded Rose
|
Did you find this post helpful?