Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

need medical attention or is it I haven't had sex for 2 yrs?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I want to know if my condition is serious or not and if it needs medical attention. I am 25 years old and after having sex with my current boyfriend (I haven't had sex for almost 2 years)I felt pain and saw that I was passing blood pus too.I couldn't even walk properly so I had to force myself even though it hurts so much.It also hurt when I passed urine and I could also feel a swelling at the cervix.So I want to know if my condition needs medical attention or it is just that I haven't had sex for a while or we hadn't used lubricant?
Thank you.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 20th, 2012
Sexual Health - Women Answer A32986
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

Your problem could be because of dry vagina, which got injured during sex. This observation is based on the fact that you feel a need for lubrication, whereas the foreplay is usually sufficient to amply lubricate the vagina. There are many problems that cause vaginal dryness such as hypothyroidism, Sjogren’s syndrome, vaginitis or inflammation of vagina, dermatitis of skin around vagina, condom allergy, or allergy to soaps and lotions. Low estrogen is another cause.

Sometimes the foreplay is not adequate for the female to be aroused as the arousal time of the two partners is different. At times no cause is found and water based lubricants are the only solution. Also, you need to rule out fungal infection and STD. Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please consult your gynecologist once. Hope this helps. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.