Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Need Help with Stimulant Use

User Profile
Hello, I am in need of some advice to help get my stimulant use under control. I wrongfully have been taking too much of my ADHD medication to experience the pleasure of the effects of the medicines. I have let me psychiatrist know and I am trying to be more diligent about using medications properly.

I am usually a very compliant patient, but have had some slip-ups with some depression related to some family members that have attempted suicide and the stressors of trying to help them.

I have been using the stimulant medicines like Vyvanse, Focalin, and formerly Adderall XR to try to feel more pleasure from all the stress going on, but it has become a problem now for me.

My behavior has made me feel very ashamed and I did not intend any harm. I became addicted to the rush of excitement and pleasures the medication provided me with.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....