Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Need help to deal with severe depression...

User Profile
I have been dealing with sever depression for a very long time and it hasn't gotten any better. Whenever i show that i am depressed or suicidal, i get yelled at by my parents and am told to ''snap out of it'' or '' get yourself under control''
I don't know how to deal with this. I have repeatedly told my parents that i have depression and they brush it off like its nothing... I feel like whenever i have an issue, my parents push it aside and tell me to take care of it myself. I need help but don't know how to get it. I need some urgent advise.. can someone please help me and reply?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2019
Community Volunteer
Hello! I am so sorry you are suffering. You do need to get some help and depression is treatable. I don't know how old you are, but you need to find someone to help you. Maybe a counselor at school? Or a family doctor? There are lots of resources out there. If you are feeling suicidal, there are hotlines you can call to speak to someone. I'm sure your parents love you and just don't understand exactly what depression is and what it can do to a person. Please seek out some help - there's a wonderful life waiting out there for you!!
|

User Profile
replied July 25th, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.It appears you have major depressive disorder and it needs immediate psych evaluation and thorough management. Non pharmacological as well as medicinal help with be needed. Consult any nearby psychiatrist and let them decide what is best for you.

Take care
|
Tags: Depression
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.