Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Need help reading MRI results

I am a 37 year old female. I have been going to my Dr. with chronic pain in my neck and shoulders for 15 years. I finally switched Doctors and she ordered a MRI and this is my results. Can you please explain this to me in terms that I can understand. I have never been given anything for the pain and it is getting unbearable. My doctor is suggesting Physical Therapy for the pain, which is fine with me if it helps, but I am uninsured and I don't know if I can afford it. Any suggestions?

C4-C5: There is slight loss of disc height and signal. There is a minimal right paracentral spur-disc complex. The ventral CSF space is partially effaced, but there is no overt canal stenosis. The neural foramina are widely patent.
C5-C6: There is slight loss of disc height and signal. There is a broad spur-disc complex. The ventral CSF space is partially effaced, but there is no overt canal stenosis. The neural foramina are widely patent.
Impression:
Mild C4-C5 and C5-C6 spondulotic/discogenic changes.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 2nd, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
hi...
you have bone spurs on your vertebrae and two discs that have lost their natural fluids and no longer have the cushioning power they had.
as for PT i found a very simple activity really helped my neck, shoulders, upper back and arms.
i sand a flat piece of wood with sandpaper by hand. in my case it was a table i refinished. i couldnt believe how much better the pain was....especially at night.....pete
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...