Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Need help...(anxiety,stress..)?

User Profile
I find that when under stressful situations i get dizzy or disoriented. i also feel like my voice gets quite and i literally reduce my rate of breathing which doesn't help. It is no as simple as just learning to breath properly when stress though it may help, i am looking for some other pointer/tips on how i can stay cool/calm in stressful situations.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 4th, 2014
Hello

Behavior cognitive therapy , Yoga, Meditation, Eckhart Tolle consciousness and self awareness programs , Deep breathing exercises are some options to look for. A low dose propranolol in acute episodes can help if you aren't asthmatic. Please consult your doctor before using any medication.

Thanks

|

replied January 3rd, 2015
You should try Yoga and meditation. It will help you a lot. For better results go for Homeopathic treatment. It is strongly recommended in cases of Anxiety.
|

replied January 10th, 2015
At the moment I feel very pessimistic about my future, usually I would have had an optimistic view on life it just seems now things are just not working out for me in regards to college & boys.I am lucky I have plenty of good friends and a great family it just feels like I don't know where my life is going,i want to become a nurse and I am getting rejections from colleges because of my lc results and I don't know what I'll be doing next year.I want to become a nurse so badly and it doesn't seem to be happening I've been told I'd make a great nurse, and I am doing a pre nursing course and repeating my maths hoping to get a better result so English colleges will give me a place but I am already getting rejections.I just don't want to become a low life,I want to be proud of myself but its just causing me to become pessimistic about many aspects of my life n then my boyfriend broke up with me recently and feel fairly miserable about that too. I don't think I am depressed but I am certainly not my usual happy self and cry a way too much
|

replied February 20th, 2015
Experienced User
I agree with above comments. Meditation and Yoga will be quite helpful to calm your mind. Eat healthy food and fruits.
|

replied February 21st, 2015
Sounds great. I do feel that a lot in anxiety. I think i will have to re plan the routine.
|

replied March 24th, 2015
Experienced User
Meditation and yoga are very helpful in anxiety. moreover you can take therapies from any treatment center.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.