Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Need help analyzing HSV 1 and 2 positive results

My doctor recently called me to inform me I was positive for HSV1 and HSV2. I had the office send me a copy of the results... this is exactly what it said:

HSV I/II IgG 38.4H index 0.0 - 0.8

HSV 2 IgG, Type Spec 2.54H index 0.0 - 0.90

There were negative, equivocal, and positive ranges listed. My results are above the positive range...

Ok - so, I was wondering why the HSV I/II result was soooo high???? And, if the first is high, can that possibly mean that I had a false positive on the HSV 2?

Also - is there a way to tell how long I've had the HSV 2? My doctor said I was exposed to it sometime in my past. Anyway to narrow that down?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 21st, 2009
Supporter
i m going to email you a website that asks "could i have a false positive for the hsv test"

it is very possible, but i would hold that to a very small percent. have you been having any cold sores, or pumps or open sores on your private area?
you got the test done for a reason!
this disease can lay domat in your body for a very long time without you even knowing it. i seriously doubt that any doctor can tell you how long you had it.
|

replied June 21st, 2009
Thanks. I've actually never had any symptoms except periods of sensitivity which I never even considered HSV2 symptoms. I've never had sores.

I had a full STD panel done b/c the guy I am currently seeing took the condom off during sex. I was worried about what he may have given me... never thought this would be the result.

Thanks for the info.
|

replied February 2nd, 2018
HERBAL CURE FOR HERPES
My name is Regina Charlotte Weichert from Texas,US.I am sure this information will be useful to the general public on how my sister was cured of Herpes with herbal medication administered by Dr Zulu. He cures other diseases too. For further information visit www.zuluherbalremedy.com. For those of us that would come back appreciating me or might need further information, the above name is my facebook name or feel free to reach me on my cellphone #331-481-8679
|

HERBAL CURE FOR HERPES
My name is Regina Charlotte Weichert from Texas,US.I am sure this information will be useful to the general public on how my sister was cured of Herpes with herbal medication administered by Dr Zulu. He cures other diseases too. For further information visit www.zuluherbalremedy.com. For those of us that would come back appreciating me or might need further information, the above name is my facebook name or feel free to reach me on my cellphone #331-481-8679
|

HERBAL CURE FOR HERPES
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....