Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Health Insurance Forum

Need Health Insurance with Maternity

User Profile
Hello!

I am desperately trying to find an international health insurance that has maternity cover with a waiting period for coverage of maternity no more than 90 days. Preferable even less of a wait if it exists. I will be moving to Spain next week and will live there definitely for 6months. After that time, depending on my work, I will either be able to stay in Spain or I will have to move, probably back to the U.S. but potentially to another country as well.

My husband and I have delayed starting a family because of our moving around, however it doesn't seem to have an end Smile So, we really want to start trying to get pregnant by this coming August 2009. Therefore, I need coverage for maternity starting August (or near) and beyond, worldwide.

I cannot find anything online for this situation. Please give me any advice you possible can.

Thank you so very much!

Carey
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 12th, 2009
Hi,

A good idea would be to try weremember.org. They give you free quotes from insurance companies they are affiliated with and provide you with information on the chepaest and best insurance after you put in some basic information.

Good luck!
|

replied September 30th, 2009
Hi,
I also faced this problem when my wife is pregnant and I want to take a insurance policy. A lot of insurance company gives so many facilities. Some facility is in one some in other but the USA-Healthinsurance.com gives all the facility and I take that.
|

User Profile
replied October 18th, 2009
Have you had any luck finding coverage?
|

replied May 3rd, 2010
Experienced User
If you are looking for maternity insurance or health insurance with maternity coverage then there are many different things to consider. What is the normal cost of pregnancy? What kind of health insurance plan will cover maternity expenses?
|

replied May 3rd, 2010
Thanks aurawillian! Nice posting.
|

replied June 5th, 2010

To get health insurance with maternity coverage you first need to figure out which health insurance companies offer maternity coverage at all. Some insurance companies do not, especially if you are not getting insurance through an employer. An example of a health insurance company that does offer maternity coverage is Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield.

In order to get health insurance with maternity coverage, you have to be careful to ask a few questions first. Find out if you can receive maternity coverage if you are already pregnant. If not, find out how long the waiting period is before you can get pregnant. Be sure you clarify whether that waiting period extends through conception or when the baby is actually born.

Lastly, when getting health insurance with maternity coverage, you will need to understand that adding maternity coverage adds cost to your overall plan. Sometimes this cost can be very significant, especially if you are self employed (i.e. not going through your employer). Try for a higher deductible to reduce premium costs if necessary.

|
Quick Reply