Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Need a shoulder to cry on

User Profile
I've recently become engaged and have been looking round for wedding dresses (as you do), yet whichever shop I go in to, the staff are so rude about me to my face or behind my back about my body, physique, weight and age (I'm an hourglass, 33-28-35, 68kg and 20 years old), and I always leave in tears.

My hubby-to-be is unable to help and my parents live quite a while away, so are unable to help either. My friends aren't particularly interested in helping me and the bride forums I've tried (a few) gang up on me and don't help. I'm too scared to speak to anyone else because I'm frightened and worried that they'll be indifferent and won't help. I'm also scared of posting anything else on a forum because again I'm frightened that I'll be smashed to pieces.

All of which has made me very, very upset and very sick. I am now worried that I'm depressed and need a shoulder to cry on.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 27th, 2012
It may be pre-wedding stress, or moodswings because of it. I'm young and am no doctor to say what not but I don't think it's straight depression, probably depressive or really upset episodes. I understand the thing about people being rude in shops.. I was 69kg last year and I went into a shop and the girl decided to walk over and say 'If you try to put that on there is no way your going to get it off.' my friend was good(bad) and just yelled at her but security guy happened to be walking past at that moment :/
How come your hubby can't help? And I think that's terrible that your friends aren't supportive.. maybe join a marriage group or something of the kind, the people will understand your stress and maybe get what you mean with being very upset.
Discuss with the staff's managers about what they have been doing because it's totally not right and can hurt for a long long time (I've lost 12kg since that thing last year, mostly coz of it) and complain even if you feel stupid about doing it, because no one's gonna stand up to it otherwise and more people will be hurt. Let them know that you're the one that's going to be paying THEM and they should be giving you good service, if that's possible.
I hope you get a nice dress and have a wonderful wedding.
|

replied July 27th, 2012
stress kill the person, spent your time with ur family members then u fill relax.
|

replied July 30th, 2012
that's right.. but one can't expect to b with parents all the time.. On such situations, friends and a good surrounding helps.. leave all your stress get aside. relax. i wish u a wonderful wedding. just make yourself pleasant. u will get support whenever u are in stress.
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....