I can see my neck veins sometimes. I started noticing it around 6months a go but I am not sure if I had it before then as I have never observed my neck. I have read that in suspine position it is normal to see them. When lying down at 45 degrees, I have not yet been able to see them bulging. However, when standing upright or sitting, I can sometimes see them. For example, when talking or eating or just doing housework. Then when I relax they vanish again. I have no other symptoms and have done extensive heart check ups including an echostress test which shows normal heart function. My doctor says it could simply be variation to have more prominent veins along with being skinny. However, I have only found research saying that visible neck veins is a cause for concern. Should I go to other doctors until I find a proper diagnosis of what is causing this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.Your doctor is right. With all workup normal, this promiment engorged neck vein status is just a variation and normal and nothing to worry about.

Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.