User Profile
please help. my son is 2 years old last jan,6 last 2017 november i found out that he has few lumps on the neck doctor said gland he got xtray and found out that he has pheneumonia and he take antibiotic for few weeks he got ppd test also comes all negative for tuberculosis. and now february he still have big lumps he and sick again he has cought cold always . i already bring my son in 2 doctors ask their opinion but they answere all same they want to make test again thats xray and ppd test i dont think my son has a tuberculosis and i dont want him to take antibiotic again and get chesr xray that he already done also he take antibiotic alot im worried to my son please what another reason why my son has neck lump for 7 months now

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 5th, 2018
Kids Health and Pediatrics Answer A63072
Welcome to e health forum.

The underlying case is most likely Tubercular lymphadenitis.

In case, there is clinical suspicion of TB, The presence of Tuberculosis can be confirmed by tests including - Chest Xray, sputum AFB examination, and if needed by blood testing.

Since you are not a doctor, and you have had 2 doctors requesting to rule out Tuberculosis, you should accept it and seek proper evaluation so that proper care and treatment can be provided , so that your child can recover at the earliest.

The fear of long term treatment is absurd and not logical, once the diagnosis is confirmed.

I hope this clears your doubts.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Pediatrics
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kids Health and Pediatrics , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.