Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Neck and shoulder pain after oral sex

User Profile
Hii doc i m male 21 . I had a oral sex with a man 2 days ago and i ejculated in his mouth and now i m filling neck pain shoulder pain and itching on my body .so is it sign of hiv?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 22nd, 2017
HIV and AIDS Answer A62035
Since you were the recipient (the partner who recieved oral sex) your risk of aquiring HIV would be less likely, compared to your partner (who performed the act on you). The

FYI, the risk of aquiring HIV via oral sex is very limited for recipients.

STIs, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, herpes, HPV, trichomoniasis can be spread through oral sex.

However, the chances of giving or getting STIs during oral sex can be lowered by using a condom or dental dam.

Your symptoms are not related to HIV. Most likely cause of your symptoms would be due to common viral infections (common cold) which are common when you come in close contact (as during handshakes during meetings, kissing, sexual intercourse, etc) with new individuals, when nasal or oral secretions can be passed on to infect others.

Most of these cases improve on their own within a few days without treatment. Some measures like adequate rest, anti-inflammatory medications (advil, tylenol), good diet can help in recovery.

If you suspect that your partner might be infected, then you may need to consult your doctor and seek opinion about possibly getting tested for communicable diseases including STDs.

I hope this helps.

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.