User Profile
I have had anorexia nervosa since I was 15 (now 20). I had been in, what I suppose would be called, 'remission' for a little over a year, & was doing well until recently.

Over the past three days, I have not eaten, with the exception of a muesli bar & a couple of strawberries. Today I started experiencing syncope or presyncope like symptoms. All day I have been having frequent (approx 10-20 times per hour) but brief episodes of loss of vision & dizziness, almost like syncope, but only lasting for a second or two, & not resulting in complete fainting. Often, it's when I blink or close my eyes momentarily and then feel suddenly dizzy, and feel my eyes roll back into my head. These episodes occur regardless of whether I'm standing, sitting or lying.

I ate some dinner in an effort to stop these symptoms but they have not stopped. I took my pulse rate today, whilst at my desk at work. It was 64 bpm & regular. I'm unsure of what these episodes are & what to do?

Current BMI = 18.5

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2017
Eating Disorders Answer A61840
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. These symptoms are due to anorexia and needs supportive care. You need to put some weight and make BMI around 22 and consult a psychologist to help with anorexia nervosa.

I hope it helps. Please consult your doctor as our advice is just for education purpose only.
Regards
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Eating Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.