User Profile
last summer i had the worst summer of my life it all started with sinus type pressure in my head,jaw pain like tmj,neck soreness,back soreness,migraines,stomach aches,nausea...anyways long story short i went through a billion tests and everything came back ok...ct scan of my neck,my head,my jaw,my sinus,mri of my brain cause of the migraines and nothing was conclusive...i did allot more tests but quite frankly forgot them all...anyways so i narrowed it down to stress or anxiety related because in all honesty i'm a very stressed person but for nothing i find things to obsess and stress about...so after taking a billion pills nothing seemed to work and some symptoms disappeared and other didnt....yesterday like a couple of months ago i had the scariest "panic attack: ever!!!! i was sitting in a restaurant and all of a sudden
i started feeling really nauseous and all of a sudden boom i started panicking and thinking i was going to faint...theres more but no more room to write more info

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2009
Anxiety and Stress Answer A7030
I'm not sure what your question is but I am assuming you want help with your panic attacks. If not, please reply with a direct question.It seems from your description that you have been feeling anxious and may have had a panic attack recently.
A panic attack usually occurs without warning and is accompanied by a number of physical symptoms of anxiety, including but not limited to difficulty breathing, dizziness, racing heart, sweating, chills, feelings of terror, and feeling like you are going crazy or about to die. From what you describe, you may be experiencing either a panic attack or a symptom of a medical condition. Your doctor needs to rule out medical conditions first. If the doctor determines that the cause of your symptoms is anxiety, evidence has shown panic disorder to be highly treatable with cognitive-behavioral treatment. If you are diagnosed with panic disorder (panic attacks with a fear of having them), you might consider finding a therapist who specializes in providing cognitive-behavioral treatment.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.