Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

nauseated after eating fatty foods and a burning sensation?

User Profile
I have had pain in my left side under my rib cage.....I know once in awhile gallbladder problems can actually make pain on the opposite side. I feel nauseated after eating fatty foods and a weird pain burning sensation with a weird pulsating feeling....I've been tested for ulcers and gallbladder. Ultrasounds and ct scans still no answers its been 4 years and it's getting worse! Please help!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 8th, 2011
Gallbladder Disease Answer A27456
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

Since the imaging investigations as well as other tests have been completely normal, the pain experienced by you could most probably due to musculoskeletal reasons or due to Gastro esophageal reflux disorder.

The best way to control these symptoms would be lifestyle changes with the following tips. ‎

‎1. Change and develop good dietary habits including, eating several small meals daily.‎

‎2. Diet should include fresh fruits, fiber rich foods. ‎
‎ Avoid spicy foods, fats and fried foods. ‎
‎ Also avoid coffee, tea, alcohol, colas, and smoking. ‎
‎ Avoid processed foods (Junk foods from refined carbohydrates), ‎
‎ Eat freshly cooked food from whole grains.‎

‎3. Adopt proper posture.‎

‎4. Don't eat for at least three hours before you go to bed. If you have symptoms at night, try raising ‎the head of your ‎bed six to ten inches.‎

‎5. Maintaining adequate hydration. ‎

‎6. Adopting a sitting upright posture for 1 hr post meals will help in relieving the symptoms.‎

‎7. Avoid foods to which you are intolerant. ‎

In addition to dietary and lifestyle changes, you can try the following medications to reduce your ‎‎symptoms as follows. ‎
‎1. antacids (Tums, mylanta) can be continued to relieve the acidity. ‎
‎2. Omeprazole will help to reduce acid secretions ; ‎
‎3. Activated charcoal will reduce the bloating sensation, ‎
‎4. Probiotics and digestive enzyme supplements will help to improve indigestion.‎
‎5. Pepto bismol – to relieve any abdominal discomfort. ‎

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.