User Profile
Hello, I am a 31 year old, mother of 2. I have been dealing with nausea for the past 3 years (more specifically, ever since my 2nd child was born). The nausea hits me every day just like clockwork...first thing in the morning, if my feet are on the floor for 30 seconds, I become overwhelmed with nausea. Sometimes during the night when I get up to use the restroom, I have to do so as quickly as possible or else I'll get nauseated before I get back in bed. Then in the late afternoon, around 4:30 or so, it hits me again. If I had to describe the nausea, it's like going from perfectly fine to "starving so bad you are sick" in just mere seconds, followed by a back stabbing pain right in the center of my back, behind my heart (I'm associating that with the hernia - which I was told was most likely caused during childbirth). In between those times, the dull ache is there, but it doesn't make me sick feeling. So back to the 2nd pregnancy...I had my tubes tied after that pregnancy, which is one factor I am wondering that may be a cause for my nausea (maybe they didn't put everything back EXACTLY the way it was??) The other thing I am concerned with is my stress level. While I am not any where near as stressed as I was a year or so ago, I still have bouts with stress, I just handle it alot differently, in a more positive way, so I'm questionable in thinking the stress may be causing all my problems (I had hives from stress at one point because my stress was so bad, but nothing that bad in the past year+). I went to the doctor about 2 years ago and was put on Prevacid, Clidinium and Cymbalta. All 3 meds worked wonderfully together, but my employer changed prescription plans and that increased my med prices to a point that I could no longer afford them. I dropped down to generic grades and the generics did not help at all. I was able to get some samples from my doc for a short time until he suggested I go to a GI doctor for a scope to rule out ulcers and whatnot. The scope showed that I had a haital hernia in my stomach, I had severe gastritis and deuodenitis. The symptoms of these disorders are all vague and offer nothing as far as a way to heal them. Changing diet hasn't worked either. I had a full blood work up done shortly there after to rule out anything I could, and all my tests came back normal. I finally reached a point where I gave up and decided just to deal with this. I dropped all the meds, no sense in paying for something that does not work. I've researched everything I can, even thought maybe the nausea was due to a lack of water since I'm not a big water drinker and sometimes the body's signal of dehydration shows up as a slight hunger pang. Drinking more water isn't working, if anything, it makes matters worse. I'm not a drinker (alcohol), I have 1/2 to maybe 1 beer in the evening as soon as I get home to put something on my belly and help calm me down from my work day, which makes me feel better, but doesn't solve the problem I know. In the mornings I have found that I am unusually gassy once I've been up and about for a few minutes, which is something that didn't start until after my 2nd child also. And while I was pregnant with said 2nd child, I was diagnosed gestational diabetic, which I was told could lead me to becoming diabetic within 5 years. Could that potentially be behind part of this as well? My conclusion on all this is that it's a combination of all of the above, I just have no idea on how to relieve the pain & nausea, especially since the meds are so expensive on my Rx plan. I am beginning to worry about the risks of cancer now, and I get worried that maybe it IS cancer somewhere in my body sending up all these red flags. I haven't been screened for cancer to my knowledge and wouldn't know where to begin since there are so many types of cancer. I'm just clueless what to do at this point. I hurt, I'm discomforted. But with the lack of money and the costs associated with all the tests, I don't know which route to go. I just wanted to know if there is anyone else out there like me?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile aprilt
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2009
Supporter
there is so many herbs that you can take to calm your stomach. you should try them to see if they work.
i am taking an herb to surpress my appitite and it's working, and i m taking herbs to clear my skin up and it's working.
so i m going to private message you some information to help you.
good luck
|
Users who thank starship33 for this post: omc 

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2009
Supporter
Hi ServiceU,

Can you please tell me which herbs you take to calm the stomach and supress the apetite?

OMC,

I sure hope you get some answers soon. How long have you been off the Cymbalta? Where you nauseaus before taking the Cymbalta?
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2009
Supporter
You mentioned going to a Gastro Dr. Did he by chance check you for H. Pylori? Helicobactor Pylori can cause all the symptoms above you just described.....I had this. I also have gastritis. The nausea and stabbing pain was what made me quesiton this. its a simple test, you kind breath in a bag or something. I had it done several years ago. Had to take 2 weeks of oral antibiotics....then go back to recheck to make sure gone....NO MORE NAUSEA or stabbing pains! Just a suggestion!
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2009
Supporter
ginger root liquid form
peppermint liquid form
digestonic
i can p/m you the websites.
this is only a quick fix until the doctors can find out what's wrong.
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2009
Yes, when I went to the GI doctor, he tested me for the H. Pylori and I tested negative. Thanks for you suggestions though =).

As for the Cymbalta, I stopped taking it a year ago. The stomach pains were present before I started the Cymbalta, but not prior to my second pregnancy. I had major stress compounded on top of my pregnancy (had an early labor I think due to my stress load). I believe all this stems from being stressed and pregnant...but I think the damage is done and I am just sufferring the results of the stress. Just wish it wouldn't drag out like this. Doesn't take much to wreck your stomach, but takes forever to fix it *rolls eyes*

Oddly enough, the foods I eat never seem to trigger any problems. I can eat spicy stuff, milk products, I can drink beer and nothing hurts it. But like clockwork, the pain will come early morning and mid afternoon. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe my anxiety causes it in the mornings b/c I'm "expecting" the nausea...maybe a psychosematic thing? Then in the evenings, I think work and going home to 2 kids does it to me then. I don't know?

Thanks for all that have responded.
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2009
Supporter
OMC,

I think you have solved this yourself. I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome from many years of stress and nothing seems to help. I know what it's like being really exhausted and stressed after work and having to rush to get the kids, deal with homework, fighting, and making dinner. It's not easy and does havac on your body. I recently started doing yoga and "wow" it's amazing how it relaxes your mind. I was also taught during yoga some stomach exercises to relieve a stomach ache and help constipation. I have never been so regular in my life. The best way to explain it is to sit on the floor either crossed legged or legs out in front, whichever is more comfortable for you. Lean as far forward as you can with both arms in front of you on the floor if possible and just move your torso around in complete circles as far as you can stretch. That's the best way I can describe this exercise but it has helped my stomach. I hope it can help you too.
|

replied July 18th, 2009
OMC- I have the EXACT same problem minus the pain in the back. I have had naseau for more than 2 years, exactly after my 2nd child was born. But I didnt have my tubes tied. Shortly after I had my son, I got C Difficile. After it I am very sick to my stomach all the time. I have had a scope put down my throat, with all test coming back normal. I've been tested for the H. Pylori? and that came back fine. I'm really fed up with all this because it's really causing a strain on my family. I am currently on Reglan because the thought that maybe my food was staying in my stomach and causing the indegestion that I was having, and causing me to be sick. The nausea is getting so bad now, that I'm starting to throw up more often now.

I've been suspecting the same thing that you have- maybe this is all in my mind and that I'm expecting it. What I wonder, is what are you doing now? almost a month after your post with your doctors or meds? I'm just really at my wits end. I've been sick for 2 years now, and it sucks. I know that your just as irritated as I am.
|

replied November 19th, 2011
Daily Nausea
I also have the exact same problem minus the pain in my back. I have never had children nor my tubes tied or anything like that... BUT I have been going through a very difficult menopause for almost a year and it started during this time. I wonder if the nausea is hormonal? Do hormones fluctuate from tubal ligations? Just a thought. My doctor hasn't got a clue either.
|

replied December 7th, 2009
I am having the same problems too. I havent ate anything since July because it made me feel sick. I feel sick day in and day out now constantly. I have lost count of the amount of times that I have been to the doctors. I have been tested for Helicobactor Pylori, it came back negative, I got the Endoscopy which was to check for any ulcers, that came back negatrive too. I have had alot of tests done which have came back normal. My doctors surgery have done all they can and have now referred me to a surgeon for more tests to get done. I havent actually been sick with it, but been very close. I live on water. I have lost 7 stone in 4 months, its ruining my life. I am only 23, and also have 4 children and I have no energy to run about after them or play games with them. I just need the help to get me better. I have actually tried to commit suicide because of it. I just cant live like this anymore.
|

replied December 7th, 2009
I am having the sme problems too. I hvent ate anything since July because it made me feel sick. I feel sick day in and day out now constantly. I have lost count of the amount of times that I have been to the doctors. I have been tested for Helicobactor Pylori, it came back negative, I got the Endoscopy which was to check for any ulcers, that came back negatrive too. I have had alot of tests done which have came back normal. My doctors surgery have done all they can and have now referred me to a surgeon for more tests to get done. I havent actually been sick with it, but been very close. I live on water. I have lost 7 stone in 4 months, its ruining my life. I am only 23, and also have 4 children and I have no energy to run about after them or play games with them. I just need the help to get me better. I have actually tried to commit suicide because of it. I just cant live like this anymore.
|

replied June 13th, 2015
MILD nausea for almost 6 months, although it did start with almost vomiting Nausea at first for just a week. No pain, Haven't needed to vomit for years, which I am thankful for since I am toast after vomiting. Seems like I am more susceptable to anything that 'disagrees' with my stomach than before.
Just did blood and urine test but not hopeful after reading all these post. Tried Prilosec but seems only a band aid. Beer doesn't bother me as far as I can tell, but major burping first thing in the morning and slight loss of apetite. Does seem to be confusing whether hungry or nauseous sometimes.
|

replied June 13th, 2015
Active User, very eHealthy
As far as i know ginger and turmeric teas, caps may help, unless theres other major cause to be determined..
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2017
God Bless all of you! I am currently going thru this same hell. It's gotten to the point that it's debilitating. I can only lay in bed & pray that God takes the nauseous away. Please keep the advice coming.
|

replied June 24th, 2017
Me too. Just started researching. This super sucks but I am grateful to see I am not the only one going thru this.
|
Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....