I have had really bad nausea at night for the past 3 years. im 18 and i have gone to the doctor but she doesn't know whats wrong and just put it down to acid reflux. She gave me medicine which didnt work. I dont get sick but the nausea is so bad i feel like i will but i dont. it is gone by the morning and it starts about 8 at night. sometimes i cant sleep with it. Does anyone have any idea or have the same experience? im not stressed or depressed. im perfectly fine psychologically.could there be any other reason or am i just worried over nothing?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 4th, 2010
Hi Jessabell, sounds like anxiety. Anxiety can cause extreme nausea and nighttime can be a trigger for some. It happens to me all the time. Ginger gravol really helps and you might want to talk to your doctor about getting a anti-anxiety medication. I take Remeron and it really helps with my anxiety disorder and nausea.
|

replied May 17th, 2010
Try taking the acid gas pill like take 2 everyday for 7 days then down 2 one and see if it helps. I am also 18 and had the same problem. I take omeprazole everyday. I started for 7 days with 2 10mg pills cause 1 didn't work. After 7 I now take 1 and do it every day and am fine now.
|
Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....