I think i have had it for a while now. but we just tested me and i do have it.
One of my worst symptoms is nausea. Is there anything i can do to make mono go away faster? any suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 4th, 2009
My daughter has had Mono for 8 weeks and her only complaint is the nausea. She can only eat about 5 foods -- boiled chicken and cooked peas as an example. We took her to a Gastroenterologist who said that Mono picks and chooses which organ(s) it wants to attack. For my daughter, it seems to be her digestive tract. They said there is nothing they can do for her; she'll just have to let it run its course. The nausea is frustrating because you can't eat the foods you want anymore. Let me tell ya, my daughter is sick of peas and chicken! I wish I could tell you of things that helped my daughter, but after 8 weeks, she's still not much better. Sorry. Hang in there!
|

replied August 4th, 2010
i know you probably dont have it anymore, but i think i do have mono. its scaring me and ruining my life. im 13 yrs old, and it is really hard to live. i can barely eat anything, i have to drink out of a straw, i cant smile or laugh, and brushing my teeth is now a nightmare.i get chills, clammy sometimes, fever,tiredness, sore throat, and cold sores in/on the mouth. the cold sores are the worst, it hurts to brush my teeth and its caused my gums to puff up.i can barely laugh because the cold sores start stretching. i dont know what to do and i want it to go away. i dont think i can live with this for 2 weeeks or 8 weeks or however long it takes. any advice? please?!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...